The 3-star Toy Story Wild West-themed Disney Hotel Cheyenne is one of the 6 onsite Disney hotels at Disneyland Paris. It’s a fantastic mid-range option with wonderful theming, comfortable rooms and within easy walking distance to the park. After a recent stay in Disney’s Hotel Cheyenne, we wanted to share our review to help those of you planning your own Disneyland Paris trip!
Disney Hotel Cheyenne tip: we’ve stayed at all 5 of the onsite hotels currently open (Marvel, Santa Fe, Sequoia Lodge, Newport Bay Club and Cheyenne) in recent months. The Disneyland Hotel remains closed for refurbishment through 2023.
Disneyland Paris Hotel Cheyenne Review
Disney’s Hotel Cheyenne is designed in the style of a Wild West Town. The hotel is divided into separate buildings with a main street running through the center – 14 wooden buildings, named in Wild West style, house the hotel guest rooms and other is a larger building at the entrance with the hotel lobby, restaurants and the gift store – check prices now!
Book Disneyland Paris Hotel Cheyenne here!
Benefits of staying in Disney’s Hotel Cheyenne
There are so many benefits of staying at the Disney Hotel Cheyenne (and all of the onsite Disneyland Paris hotels) so we find it is well worth staying onsite:
- Extra Magic Hour: one of the greatest perks of staying onsite. As a Cheyenne hotel guest, you are granted early access to both the Disneyland Park and the Walt Disney Studios Park. This means you can access many of the most popular rides when queue times are minimal and enjoy the park with limited crowds.
- Hotel Character Meets: another awesome perk is the hotel-specific meet and greets. Every morning Woody or Jessie meet with guests in Cheyenne.
- Walk to park/free shuttle: we love being able to walk to and from both of the Disneyland Paris parks and Cheyenne is around a 15-minute walk. The hotels all run frequent (and free) shuttles to and from the park if you prefer the bus option.
- Daytime downtime: after long mornings in the park it is such a bonus to be able to walk back to our hotel for a rest.
- Free Parking: we’ve always driven to Disney so free parking onsite is an awesome bonus of staying in a Dinsey hotel. Parking at Disneyland Paris cost EUR 30 a day if you stay elsewhere and drive to the park and is complementary at the onsite hotels.
- Shopping delivered to your hotel: if you spend a certain amount in a store (usually EUR 50) you can enquire about hotel delivery – purchases to be transferred to your hotel and you can pick them up at your hotel gift shop after 8pm on the same day.
- Free hot drink every day: this is a little-known Disney hotel perk! A free hot drink per guest is available daily from the hotel vending machines.
- Immerse yourself in a Disney bubble: Disneyland Paris is a magical place and a visit is almost like being wrapped in a wonderful bubble of Disney. I always find that staying onsite helps to prolong the magic!
Check Disneyland Paris hotel prices now!
There are lots of benefits to booking a hotel and ticket package. We always book our hotels and tickets directly with Disneyland Paris:
- Park tickets: Park tickets are included when you book a package through disneylandparis.com. Park tickets are included from your day of arrival to your day of departure and are heavily discounted as part of the package. We’ve always priced up booking an offsite hotel and tickets separately (we need tickets for 2 adults and 2 children) and the savings are minimal – depending on your ticket needs or if you don’t want to go to the park every day you might find it better to book separately.
- price hotels on booking.com
- price park tickets directly through Disneyland Paris and Attraction tickets
- allow for the cost of parking if necessary (Eur 30 per day at the park)
- we usually find that the Disney hotel packages offer better value
- Princess Dining/Character Dining: Princess dining and character breakfasts are hugely popular and reservations can be hard to come by. One of the bonuses of a hotel and tickets package is that you can reserve these three extras at the time of booking your package or add them at a later date (you can do this by logging into your account on disneylandparis.com and adding extras)
- Early access to Dining Reservations: Disneyland Paris hotel guests can reserve dining up to 12 months in advance (versus 2 months for regular guests). This is the best way to ensure reservations at the most popular restaurants including Captain Jack’s, Walt and Downtown in the Art of Marvel.
- Special offers: DisneylandParis.com is currently offering a free 12-month subscription to Disney+ for hotel and ticket packages. There is also a current option to pay in instalments on the Disneyland Paris reservations – you can pay 15% on reserving and the balance by 60 days prior to departure.
Check Disneyland Paris hotel prices now!
Our Review of Disney’s Hotel Cheyenne
After staying at all 5 of the onsite Disney Hotels recently, here’s our take on Disney’s Hotel Cheyenne:
The bedrooms in Cheyenne are located in 14 Wild West-themed buildings which surround the main reception/restaurant building.
The bedrooms have air conditioning and there are 3 rooms types to choose from:
- Standard room: standard rooms have 1 double bed and 1 pull-out bed
- Room near hotel facilities: these rooms are located in the blocks closest to the hotel reception/restaurants and have 2 double beds or 1 double bed and 1 pull-out bed.
- River side room: these rooms are on the river/walking path side of the hotel and can be quieter than the rooms which face the hotel thoroughfare (depending on where you are located you might hear cowboy music from the Red Garter Saloon – however, we were quite close to the main building and it didn’t bother us or the children at all). Rooms have 2 double beds or 1 double bed and 1 pull out bed.
The rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable with some really awesome Toy Story/Wild West touches – from the cowboy boot shaped lamp
Disney’s Hotel Cheyenne tip: we stayed in a room near the hotel facilities on our most recent stay and loved it. Our room had 2 double beds and was quite spacious for 2 adults and 2 children – we also had our 6 month old so it did become a bit of squeeze when we had the cot up at night!
Meet and Greets
The daily character meet and greets are one of our favourite things about staying at the Disney hotels onsite. In Cheyenne, Woody or Jessie host their meet and greets first thing in the morning between 8.15 am and 11 am – we usually pop back after Extra Magic Hour to meet Woody or Jessie and have some downtime at the hotel.
The meet and greets take place in the entrance of the Red Garter Saloon. On some mornings Woody and Jessie swap at regular intervals although there are mornings when only one character attends the meet and greet.
Other Disneyland Paris Hotel Meet and Greets
Sequoia, Newport Bay Club, Santa Fe and Marvel all host daily meet and greets for their guests. Guests of Cheyenne can visit Sequoia, Newport Bay Club and Santa Fe and attend their daily meet and greets with the characters. The Hotel New York: The Art of Marvel superhero meet and greets are exclusively for Marvel hotel guests.
The other hotel meet and greets are currently held at:
- Sequoia/ Newport Bay/ Santa Fe: Mickey or Friends visit in the evening
- New York: the Art of Marvel: one of the Marvel superheroes visits the hotel’s Superhero Station (guests must pre-book a slot)
One of our favourite Disney hotel perks is the free hot drink from the hotel vending machine – a free hot drink per guest is available daily and guest can use their Magic Pass (the room key) in the vending machine to avail of this offer.
Cheyenne has onsite laundry facilities if you need them – you can purchase laundry tokens and soap from the General Store.
Disney’s Hotel Cheyenne has some fun additions for children.
There is a Little Sheriffs Children’s Corner in the lobby with lots of art supplies and colouring sheets to keep younger guests amused.
If your little ones still have energy after a day at the park they can check out the outdoor play area, Fort Apache. The hotel also offers pony rides (seasonal availability) where young guests can saddle up on a pint-sized pony for a trot on the grounds.
There is a gift store and an onsite Starbucks in Disney’s Hotel Cheyenne.
Each of the Disney Hotels has beautiful gift stores where you can pick up Disneyland Paris souvenirs – in Cheyenne, this is the General Store.
They stock a wide range of popular souvenirs and you can often spot a unique item in one of the themed hotels – there’s some great Toy Story merchandise in Cheyenne. The hotel gift stores sell PhotoPass cards and merchandise which is really convenient.
There is also a pin trading board outside the store.
Cheyenne has a Wild West-themed themed restaurant, the Chuck Wagon, with breakfast and dinner buffets.
The Red Garter Saloon is an Old West-style saloon serving a range of cocktails, drinks and light snacks such as pizza and fries..
There is also an onsite Starbucks for drinks and snacks.
Walking Distance to the Park
Cheyenne is located a short distance along the Rio Grande River close to Lake Disney at the entrance to the Disney Village. It is across the River from Disney’s Hotel Santa Fe, the 2-star Cars-themed hotel.
Guests can either walk or take the shuttle bus to the park.
It’s a lovely walk along the river and through the Disney Village. We usually walk between Cheyenne and the parks and it takes us around 15 minutes with our three young kids.
Shuttle buses leave every 12 minutes and are free of charge. It takes a few minutes to arrive at the park.
Disney’s Hotel Cheyenne is a must for Toy Story fans or those who love the Wild West theme. The theming at Cheyenne is brilliant and we enjoyed all the little touches throughout the hotel.
Is Disney’s Hotel Cheyenne worth it?
We love Cheyenne and consider it to be one of the best value Disney onsite hotels. We often choose to stay at Cheyenne for our visits to Disneyland Paris.
With 1,000 bedrooms there tends to be good availability and it is usually well priced – we often find it to be priced similarly to the 2* Santa Fe and less expensive than the other onsite 3*, Sequoia Lodge (although it has a swimming pool for guests).
Our children are huge Toy Story fans so a visit to Cheyenne is very exciting for them and they love meeting Woody and Jessie in the mornings. There’s also lots of room for them to run around (because somehow they still have energy after a day in the parks!) with the outdoor areas. We also enjoy the theming and the atmosphere at the hotel and the staff are always wonderful. All in all, we are big fans of Disney’s Hotel Cheyenne.
Things to know about Disney’s Hotel Cheyenne
Here’s everything you need to know about Disney’s Hotel Cheyenne:
Are park tickets included in reservations?
It depends on where you purchase your hotel stay.
Park tickets are included when you book a package through disneylandparis.com. Park tickets are included from your day of arrival to your day of departure and are heavily discounted as part of the package.
You can reserve a room only rate at booking.com.
Is there air conditioning at Disney’s Hotel Cheyenne?
Yes, there is air conditioning at Disney’s Hotel Cheyenne.
Can I walk to the parks? Is there a shuttle?
It is a 15-minute walk to the parks. There is a shuttle every 12 minutes.
Is there a swimming pool at Cheyenne?
No, there is no swimming room at Cheyenne. Sequoia, Newport Bay Club and New York: the Art of Marvel all have swimming pools.
Are there Club rooms at Cheyenne?
No, club rooms are available at Sequoia, Newport Bay Club and New York: the Art of Marvel.
Which is the best Disneyland Paris Hotel?
It depends! The 5 onsite hotels cater for a range of budgets and themes. You can check out our guide to all of the Disneyland Paris Disney hotels here.