Our travels in UNESCO World Heritage Sites: UNESCO Sites 1 to 50!
This post may contain compensated links. Find more info in our disclosure policy.
There are 1052 UNESCO World Heritage Sites dotted across the world and it’s our mission to visit as many as possible! We’ve been lucky enough to come across a few of the designated UNESCO sites on our previous travels but the list maker in us wants to tick off a lot more. We like a challenge so we aimed to make it to 50 to get us started. We made it to 50 in 2015 (yay!), check out the sites we’ve visited below! For more of our UNESCO adventures, check out our adventures at sites 51 to 100 here, 101 to 150 here and 151 to 200 here!
UNESCO: sites we’ve seen!
Check out our UNESCO World Heritage site sightings below! If you want to read more about our trips to the sites we’ve included links to our posts.
2. Sydney Opera House (Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb: Sky High Fun in Sydney, Australia!)
3. Rio de Janeiro: Corcovado Mountain, Christ the Redeemer and Copacabana (Photoblog: Rio De Janeiro)
4. Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom (Sunrise at Angkor Wat: a 5am jungle visit searching for the temples!)
5. The Great Wall of China (The Great Wall of China: it’s a beautiful world!)
7. Imperial Palaces of the Ming and Qing Dynasties
8. Pyramids of Giza (The Pyramids of Giza, Cairo, Egypt: a real life Wonder of the World!)
9. Historic Cairo
11. Paris, Banks of the Seine
12. Palace and Park of Versailles
13. Sceilg Mhichíl (Skellig Islands, Kerry, Ireland: All aboard for Skellig Michael)
14. Brú na Bóinne – Archaeological Ensemble of the Bend of the Boyne
15. Budapest, including the Banks of the Danube, the Buda Castle Quarter and Andrássy Avenue
16. Masada (Blog: Israel, Jordan and Palestine trip!)
17. Old City of Jerusalem (Blog: Israel, Jordan and Palestine trip!)
19. Venice and its Lagoon
22. Quesir Amra (Blog: Israel, Jordan and Israel trip – Part 2!)
23. Um er-Rasas (Blog: Israel, Jordan and Israel trip – Part 2!)
24. Wadi Rum (Blog: Israel, Jordan and Israel trip – Part 2!)
25. City of Luxembourg: its Old Quarters and Fortifications
26. Historic Mexico City and Xochimilco (Xochimilco, a Mexican twist on Venice!)
28. Milford Sound, Te Wahipounamu (New Zealand South Island: Jucy cruise through Milford Sound)
30. Church of the Nativity, Bethlehem (A day trip to Bethlehem from Jerusalem: O Little Town of Bethlehem!)
31. Poblet Monastery (Visiting Poblet Monastery: a day trip from Barcelona)
32. Works of Antoni Gaudí (9 of the best gaudi sights in Barcelona: our favourite must see Gaudi works!)
33. Palau de la Música Catalana and Hospital de Sant Pau, Barcelona (Barcelona must see sights)
34. Ayutthaya (Ayutthaya: a day trip to the ruins of Thailand’s old city!)
35. Historic Istanbul (The best sights in Istanbul: Places we Love!)
37. Antonine Wall (Frontiers of the Roman Empire), Scotland
39. Stonehenge (Stonehenge: a prehistoric day trip from London!)
40. Tower of London
42. Grand Canyon (Soaring over the desert skies: Las Vegas and Grand Canyon Helicopter tour!)
48. Hoi An Ancient Town (Hoi An Full Moon Lantern Festival: a candlelit evening in Vietnam!)
49. My Son Sanctuary (My Son: a trip from Hoi An)
50. Complex of Hue Monuments (One day in Hue: 9 must see sights!)
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. As an Airbnb Associate, I earn when you book through our links.